Urologist in Mexico – Mexicali
Urology is of the most diverse branches of surgery, which encompasses diseases of the kidneys, bladder and prostate conditions such as incontinence, impotence, infertility, cancer and reconstruction of the genito-urinary tract. Urology has become in recent years one of the most innovative surgical specialties and also pioneered the use of high-tech fiber optic and endoscopic techniques (sometimes called keyhole surgery). Urology at Hispano Americano Hospital is carried out by board certified physicians with experience in thousands of cases.
Most common diseases:
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- Kidney stones and urinary
- Prostate cancer
- Human Papilloma Virus
- Urinary incontinence
- Male Infertility
Most common procedures:
- Laparoscopic kidney surgery (nephrectomy, renal tumors, renal cysts).
- Endoscopic bladder surgery and intravesical chemotherapy.
- Prosthetic penis and testicle.
- Circumcision and treatment for HPV.
- Varicocele and Male Infertility Treatment.
- Vesectomia without scalpel
- Extracorporeal laser lithotripsy
- Extracorporeal lithotripsy
- Prostate Laser Surgery
- Surgery for Kidney Stones and Ureteral
- Flexible Ureteroscopy and Laser Lithotripsy
- Surgery for Prostate Cancer (Radical Prosta-tectomy)
- Urinary Incontinence Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
Ismael Ávila Iñiguez
Professional License #: 781626
Professional License Specialty #: 3279112
Dr Ismael Avila has performed over 3,000 surgical procedures in the area of Urology and Oncology, including implants and transplant infusion. He regularly attends seminars in both the United States and Mexico and participates as a spokesman in most of them.
- Graduation from the Medical Faculty of the Autonomous University of Guadalajara (UAG) as a General Surgeon.
- Specialization degree in Urology from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM). 1982
- Diploma in General Surgery Specialty in UNAM, 1983
- Mexican Council of General Surgeons
- Mexican Council of Urologists
- Interned at the ‘ Vicente D’Antoni’ Hospital in Honduras during his studies, 1980
- The urologist surgeon for the Mexican Social Security Association, 1991 – 1998
- Active medical surgeon for the General Hospital of Mexicali, Baja California, 1992- Present
- General Director of the General Hospital of Mexicali, 1999
- Active Urology surgeon in Hospital Hispano Americano and the General Hospital in Mexicali, 1999 – present
Memberships, Associations and Recognitions
- Member of the Mexican Society of Urologists, 2001 – Present
- Recognition by the Mexican Society of Urologists for participating in the International committee of Urologist, 1992
- Recognition by the General Hospital in Mexicali for his outstanding labor work in the development of all medical services, 1999
- Recognition by the association of Transplants and Renal patients A.C. and the I.S.S.T.E. Union of pensions for becoming a Pioneer in the organ transplant unit in the State of Baja California.
- Council member of the Mexican Society of Urologist, 2003 – 2009
- Member of the Mexican society of Oncology, 2007 – present